Monday, August 15, 2011

What has happened to my children?

It has been a long time since I wrote anything here...at least since the tongue clamp incident. Whew. Let me tell ya, some stuff has gone down. Cadence is now an official crawler. Like, officially down the hall, around the corner, and chewing on a shoe before you realize she is gone. Actually, that happened yesterday.

She went from doing the 'rocking' thing, to the 'worm', to the up on her hands and feet...then falling over. And then this weekend she got the whole thing all together. And now she is chasing Bishop around. Which is actually really cute. He was pulling this little dog on wheels around this afternoon as she followed him. They are also amusing each other more. Like yesterday, she followed him into his room, then back into the hall, where he was donkey kicking and she was rolling on the floor laughing at him. I love that they love each other. BUT 2 mobile kids is a whole new ball game. Like having 2 itself wasn't hard enough, but for both of them to disappear while I am doing the dishes? Not a safe feeling.

Which is why I strapped Cadence into her highchair while doing the dishes this afternoon. Purely safety reasons...plus, who doesn't like trying to feed themselves a cut up banana? She happily ate, Bishop played on his own, and the kitchen got cleaned. All is well in the Ivey house. At least until I no longer had a reason to keep her strapped in. Then all bets were off. It was soon after that when Bishop came in the house, with a mouth full. Of dog food. I made him spit it out into my hand (a handful), so, thinking I got it all, I turn and throw it in the trash. Only to turn back to find him chewing what's left in his mouth.

Dog food. Clearly he gets his taste from his father, who happily eats things out of the trash all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment