Saturday, May 26, 2012

Dogs in a sweater

Introducing!!! Dogs in a Sweater, the more fun, interesting and tasty version of pigs in a blanket. Actually, I found this idea somewhere else, but have changed it to use my bread recipe, which was passed to me from my mother in law. It is the best bread recipe I have ever, ever come across for just bread rolls, biscuits, and now, dogs in a sweater. So, here is what you will need-

Hot dogs
Popsicle sticks (I found some in the art section of Smiths ;) )

And bread, using the following recipe:

Bread-stick/Biscuits Recipe

1 cup WARM water
2 tbs sugar
2 tbs yeast
1 tsp salt
2 tbs oil
3 cups flour

Preheat over to 450

Mix water, sugar, yeast, salt, and oil together. Let sit for about 5 minutes to let yeast bubble.
Slowly (1 cup at a time) add flour, mixing well. The last cup usually needs to be added by hand.

Take hot dogs, and skewer with popsicle sticks. Leave as much as you want for a handle.
Take dough, make "snake" about 16 inches long (depending on your hot dog) and starting at the top, wrap around to the bottom.

Bake for 5-8 minutes, until bread is golden brown. DO NOT OVER COOK! It is possible to burn the popsicle sticks and light them on fire...which is our next recipe: Roasted Dogs in a Sweater.


But actually, I adore this bread recipe. It is just awesome, and it is also the bread I use when I make Stromboli. Delicious!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment