Friday, February 12, 2010

February 12

Another day, another diaper. Or something like that. Today Bishop and I watched his best friend Robert, and Robert's little brother Sam for their mommy. Altogether it has been a day of diapers for me. Though Bishop is not potty trained, there are many things that I have already forgotten about him being smaller, the main one being the number of diapers a little baby goes through in comparison to an older baby. Also, and especially for a mobile baby who isn't old enough yet to understand things, the amount of chasing involved.

This weekend is Valentine's Day, which as a married person, has less meaning to me personally than I believe it does for the single people out there. A mom in my mother's group yesterday commented that if Valentine's Day is the only day of the year that my husband showed me some love, he would be in big trouble. And that is the truth of it for me. Another complication that arises is that Zach's birthday is the 15th, and there is always the which one do we really celebrate question. Usually it is his birthday instead of Valentine's Day. Which, to be honest, is perfectly fine with me. I would rather celebrate the day of his birth than that of a saint who has little to do with my life.

Either way, it is a busy weekend for us. We have Couple's Breakfast at the church tomorrow, then we are headed out to my in-laws for combined birthday party. Zach's brother Jason and his dad Tim all share a birthday week, ahem, so to speak, and we always celebrate them together with the Ivey family. Should be a full day. Then church on Sunday as usual (even though it's Valentine's Day) which is an all day affair.

On a side note, Bishop is in love with Anastasia. The Disney movie, of course...not anyone we know named Anastasia...
I think it's the music.

Zach will be off in just under an hour, my house looks like a toy tornado hit it (or two 2-year olds) and we have birthday shopping tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment