Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The family jam session and crying

Have you ever had the crying hiccups? You know what I mean, the ones where you have sobbed so hard for so long that you can't help it? I am not the one crying here. I have this daughter who believes it is her duty as the female to let us know when she has been slighted. It has only happened twice in her life so far, and tonight was the second time. I was getting her swaddled, and some how scratched her chin with my thumb nail. No big deal, didn't even leave a mark. You would think I attempted to cut her face off with a dull knife by the way she was squealing. I say squealing because initially, she wasn't even crying, just screaming. Which then turning into inconsolable crying...and eventually the hiccups. I got her to sleep, finally, and she is still hiccuping now and then. Hard to call it really cute when she has over reacted...and at such a young age. Makes me wonder what it will be like when she is older and actually, you know, get's hurt. Drama. Queen.

*Sigh* I am often happy we had a boy first. He is so emotionally laid back in comparison. He has taken to fake crying to get attention recently, but that is a whole different issue, and kind of funny. The family jam session was back in full force tonight. Zach, Bishop, and I all had guitars, and were playing. Bishop, as lead, was...uh leading. And singing/growling/fake throwing up. Not sure when that last one started to get cool, but watch out world. You don't know what's coming next. He was singing an improv song, which are always the hardest. It went along these lines

"Daddy...Mommy (while pointing to us)...
play guitar...guitar (pointing to our guitars)
and...(looks around)
Horses....doggie...dinosaur...dinosaur...dinosaur...dinosaur...."

At this point he started jumping up and down while staggering in a few fake throwing up noises. Zach is laying on the floor laughing, and I am trying to look the other way while laughing. So as not to throw off his groove. Pretty responsible parent behavior, actually.

Makes you wish to hang out at the Ivey house nightly doesn't it? That wasn't sarcasm, because, actually, this is where I like to be, too.
Now, off to force him to give me his family photo album and actually go to sleep, not try to army crawl his way back into the living room.
Love my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment