Monday, May 23, 2011

The nudist colony

I realize that I blog about my children (particularly my son) far more than I do anything else. I was trying to decide what else I should talk about, and I realized...as a stay at home mom, my kids tend to be my day. So I guess it is okay for me to mention them so much. With that in mind-

How did I end up with 2 wanna be nudists? I say wanna be because they aren't allowed to be. At least, not in public. It is rough when I go to check the mail, and Bishop runs out in his underwear. Or in a shirt...and no underwear. <--- That was worse than the just underwear one. It's funny because he starts the day off dressed, and it seems to be a natural process that by lunch, he is down to just underwear, or the underwear has gone missing. After nap, we start out clothed again, and when Zach gets home, he is usually down to a tshirt and underwear.

Cadence has started complaining about her clothes. I am hoping she doesn't learn to undress for a LONG time. Does that make me a bad parent? I don't think so. When Bishop was in diapers, I NEVER let him see how I took them off, mainly by distracting him. So I never really had issues with him taking his diapers off. Pants are just too easy. The second we get home from somewhere, his socks and shoes get taken off (he has figured out how to 'toe' off his shoes, no hands needed!!), then, he goes potty and usually puts his pants in an obscure place, so I can't find them. Then his shirt magically disappears while he is playing, and the next thing I know, he comes out naked.

He also fakes injuries to get out of trouble. Primarily to his pinky finger. I have a hard time believing his pinky gets hurt that often. Now I am off to put his clothes back on him for nap time. Just another day in the nudist colony...I mean, Ivey house.

No comments:

Post a Comment