Sunday, November 6, 2011

Thankful, Day 6

November 6th

I fully intended to be thankful for an extra hour of sleep today. Last night, when I was writing the post for yesterday, I discovered it was the night to set your clocks back (thanks everyone on facebook for posting, otherwise, we would have forgotten :/ ), and I thought to myself, YAY! Tomorrow I can be thankful for extra sleep.

That was the plan until Bishop cheerfully banged on Cadence's crib at 5:20 this morning telling her, "Cadence!! Wake up!! It's time to get up, baby!!" So that thankfulness jumped right out the window with my rest. So.

Today, I am thankful for coffee.
Dear coffee...you are one of my favorite things. I think the best coffee is just a regular brewed kind with the perfect ratio of cream to sugar. There is no measurement, you have to taste test it. AH coffee. I promptly made a pot of coffee this morning. AH. The smell itself makes me happy. When I had my gallbladder taken out, I got choked up when I realized I could still have coffee. Literally, in the Walmart aisle crying tears of joy. That is the depth of my love for coffee. And today was no different.

No comments:

Post a Comment