Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A whole new experience

So I went to the dentist today. Which is never my favorite thing, especially when they are actually doing something to my teeth other than cleaning them, and even then, sheesh. So anyways, I had an appointment to have some work done today after work. This is the 2nd time I have gone to this dentist, the other being a cleaning a while ago. I wasn't super happy with our previous dentist's work, and with Zach's teeth, we really get to know the dentist pretty well.

Anyways, so I get there early for my appointment, they take me right back (ah, prompt service), the dentist comes in, gives me the best shot I have ever had (meaning, I didn't feel it at all), so I am sitting there, thinking that I have a few minutes to wait, when the nurse (dental assistant?) comes in to ask if I would like a magazine or newspaper, which I decline. Then she asks if I would like a heated neck pillow and a paraffin dip.

Uh....what? Am I not in the dentist office? What just happened here?

Apparently the dental office has decided that in order to relax patients, they make it more like a spa day then a dental checkup. I was expecting someone to jump out and give me a pedicure at any time.

So of course I said yes. And did the paraffin dip (SUPER NICE, but really weird looking on your hands), and accepted the neck pillow. And while the dentist was working on my tooth, I thought to myself, this whole neck pillow/paraffin dip thing is nice, but not THAT distracting.

However, though my mouth still feels sore, my hands are so nice and soft, and my neck was pretty warm and relaxed while in the office. My only thought was this-

The paraffin was nice, the neck pillow was super nice and warm, but uh...maybe you could hang a picture to look at while your mouth is super open and head is back. It seems like you are awkwardly staring at the dentist, or averting your eyes to a blank wall.

So my only addition to this spa like atmosphere would be a picture...possibly a TV? Anything to look at so you don't feel like you are looking up the dentists nose, or into those weird glasses/magnifiers that they wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment