Friday, March 16, 2012

Such a girl

Of course, I am talking about my daughter. Who is, hands down, the girliest little girl I have ever seen. I don't have another to compare her to, but she is the epitome of what you expect a little girl to be like. For example, she has a thing for baby dolls. She takes her baby (which she is the proud mommy to several, since we were inundated with them over her birthday/Christmas), wraps it in a receiving blanket, and carries it around the house patting it's back. Which is actually really cute.
She also loves jewelry. I really can't blame the girl, she has excellent taste, and happens to steal from me (the downside of this cuteness :/ ) on a daily basis. She currently has a necklace that she always wears that hangs to about her knees. She loves it. She was also wearing one of my scarves around this morning with her necklace.
She screams when I cut her nails but adores having them painted and will sit still for as long as it takes to get them all done. She also likes having her hair washed (who blames her?) and brushed, and played with. Makes it handy when I am putting her hair up, since she will just stand for me until it is all done.
Cadence also operates under the impression that she is the family social director. She insists on saying "Hi" to anyone we come across, and needs to get up close and personal with anyone who comes over to our house. She is a champion at giving hugs and air kisses.

I think you get the girl vibe we are dealing with here. It's all pink hearts and flowers. Until we start talking about the drama.

This girl is so over dramatic. I honestly don't even know how to handle her some times. She overreacts to everything. Is she happy? She is SO happy. Sad? She is SOBBING in sadness. Hurt? She is the most injured person on the face of the WORLD!

And often, she is frustrated, which is common for her age developmentally. But she doesn't just get frustrated. She is the kid who throws herself on the floor. Literally, she will just stop holding herself up, and flop on the floor. When she first started, I thought she had maybe tripped, because that's what it looks like. There isn't a lot of thrashing or screaming. She just tosses herself on the floor. And waits for someone to notice. It's when it gets ignored (often) that she flips her lid.

She has also recently started screaming. Not because she is hurt, angry, frustrated, tired...just because she likes the way it sounds. It is more of a squeal than a scream, I guess. Either way, I am going to get a water bottle and start house training her like a puppy if she doesn't stop yipping.

That might actually not be an awful idea...

It is funny to me that both of my children, who are great friends, are the explanation of their gender. Bishop is such a little boy, Cadence is a petite little girl. Makes me wonder if we ever had more, if we would end up with a tomboy or if we would continue with the extremes.

Cadence is currently squealing at me to re-swaddle her baby. Off I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment