Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Princess Diaries

Bishop was "braiding" my hair a few minutes ago when I caught a whiff...if you know what I mean. So I asked him if he needed to go potty or if he had farted. He said no, and that is when I realize that Cadence is standing next to me. With poop wiped on her chest Brave Heart style. This is one of those moments that you can later reflect on and wonder, "When did I sign on for Brave Heart poop?" I don't remember that being on the baby list. Alas, since Cadence is my second, and FAR WORSE has happened in my home, I simply ushered her into the bathroom, and that's where I found the gift she left me. NEXT to her potty. Right by her diaper.

Clearly she took her diaper off, sat on the potty, decided it wasn't really working out for her, got up, pooped next to the potty, and decided finger painting was on the menu for the evening entertainment.

Hey, I liked finger painting when I was a kid...pretty sure it was always with FINGER PAINT and not poop, but she is 17 months old and not too picky about her color choices. So, being the seasoned mother that I am , I cleaned her up, cleaned up the poop, sanitized everything, and then popped her into the bath for further washing. Because at somepoint in the 4 years that I have been a mom, dealing with my children's poop being wiped on things (themselves included) isn't really all that bad. Don't get me wrong, I am super happy it wasn't rubbed into the rug, which is harder to clean, but meh, poop wipes up.

I feel like this would have been a MUCH bigger deal 3 years ago. Especially since the poop was on her. I don't even know if she licked her fingers. THAT is where my mind automatically goes. Gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment