Thursday, August 30, 2012

Life Changes Abound

Well, I have officially put my first week of teaching PE behind me, and am moving on to a 4 day weekend!! I think they scheduled school to start like this on purpose, because if I had to go back on Monday, I might not show up. Just kidding...mostly.

Actually, I had a pretty great week. Mostly exhausting because I have almost no breaks all day long, but once you get past that, the variety of ages and abilities makes it interesting, if nothing else. So it was good. I learned a lot about my job, and now have a long weekend to get ready for the next several weeks. I didn't want to plan tons ahead of time, because I wasn't sure how the classes would work. Anyhow, it will be a great year. I can tell :D

As we were leaving from our daycare, Bishop was shouting "BYE!!" loudly to Amanda's littlest girl Grace. Finally he stopped shouting, and told me that telling her 'bye' makes him feel better. I asked him if he enjoyed getting to play at Amanda's today (he only goes to school Monday-Wednesday), and he said yes, that he had missed Grace. And that he and Grace are getting married. And that he asked her to marry him, and she said yes. And that made him really happy.

So cute. Another cute development? Cadence has discovered dress up shoes. I had to force her out of them before we left Amanda's, and carry her kicking and screaming to the car. Because of the shoes. Now, a good pair of shoes are worth some kicking and screaming, but, come on. She wasn't even wearing the same colors. Sheesh. Girls are just so dramatic. As an aside, Cadence, as you might guess, is doing excellent after her trauma of the weekend. Absolutely no outwards signs or symptoms that she got rocked.

She has also taken up a love of Superman. And Spiderman. And anything she can get excited about super hero wise. She currently runs around the corner of the hall, and I have to say, (you guessed it) "Whose going to save us?!" and she comes galloping out, usually carrying the Superman dvd, and then I have to say, "Superman!!" or Super Cadence or some other variation that includes super in it. And she gasps in a high pitched baby voice "Super!"

Incredibly cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment