Thursday, June 16, 2011

Daydreaming at...Fred Meyers?

That's right. It happened. And I am not ashamed to admit it on a public forum (clearly). I have been watching a couple kids in my house this week, and I needed a break. From being home, as well as from kids and, well, everything really. The problem with retail therapy, at least at a grocery store, is that most of it is off limits to me at this point in my gallbladder-less life.

If you don't want to hear me complain, now would be the time to check out.

I MISS FOOD!!!

It's not that I don't eat, but I just eat basically the same things all the time. Because I know they are safe. So I haven't done a ton of branching out, and I am soooo bored with food. I want a big hamburger. With hamburger. Or....hmmmmm I could go on a tangent. Like cake. And ice cream. And cheese. Lots of cheese. And real milk. Yum.

So anyways, needing a break, and being fresh out of the crackers that I can eat, I decided to head on down to Freddy's to get a new box. That's right. All the way to the store for a box of crackers.

Understand, though, that they are some of the only 'snacks' that are ok. They have 2 grams of fat per serving. I can recite the amount of fat in all the food I eat. And the serving size. It's a sad life.

So, I get to Freddys, get my crackers, and then I decide to wander a bit. You know, bask in the large amount of food there, and daydream. I wandered the candy/cookie aisles for...20 minutes? Trying to decide if I wanted to risk it. I stared at the cookie section, because I REALLY wanted some cookies. Like...shortbread cookies with chocolate. Or Milanos. Or...geez, really, any cookie that is big and good and had chocolate of some kind.

How sad is that? Pretty sad, in retrospect. I basically stood, imagining what they would taste like, as people walked by, grabbed what they wanted, and bought it. No doubt going home and eating as many as they wanted, not thinking anything of it. *sigh* So I stood and daydreamed.
Then I would wander to the candy aisle, though I didn't spend as much time there, since I am really not craving candy. Just cookies.

I spent about an hour in the store. And I bought? Crackers. I realized as I stood there that I hadn't really eaten today. Not a real meal, just like pieces of things as I fed the kiddos. All day. So I was really hungry, and I decided to just eat at home. So I made a sandwich. And had some of my crackers. So I going to drink some water and go to bed.

Ok. It's not ALL bad. For example, I am alive. That's a pretty big deal. Even if it means I have to be careful about what I eat and constantly feel slightly sick. I am usually pretty optimistic about the whole deal. But every now and then I need to complain. So that's my complaint. I just miss eating whatever and not feeling bad (but literally...bad=sick).

No comments:

Post a Comment