Monday, June 27, 2011

Is that a P or a B?

Interestingly enough, I spend a good part of talking with Bishop correcting the letter he is using to say a work. For example, when he says chip, he often will use an s sound, which is normal for little kiddos, but I always say something to the point of, "Chips, that's right. CH-ips." So most of our conversations include me repronouncing what he has just said to me.

This morning was no different. He was standing on my bed, talking to me, wearing just his pj pants while I was changing. He was chatting away, and said what I heard as "Mommy's poops". To which I automatically chimed in with, "Mommy's poops? What do you mean? There's no poop in Mommy's bedroom" (I was slightly concerned that he was admitting to something that I had yet to discover). Bishop answered, slightly annoyed that I was questioning him when he had already moved on to another subject, "No, Mommy's poops. See?" At this point, he walked over to where I was standing and started patting my chest.

"Poops? See mommy? Poops."
In my mind I am thinking...poops? Poops...poops...wait? Boobs? Is he talking about my boobs?

So I ask him, "Bishop, do you mean Mommy's boobs?"
Bishop- "Yeah, mommy's poops."
"No, buddy, it's a B, like B-ishop. B-oo-bs" (it hadn't really occured to me what I was explaining at this point, or helping him learn to say).
Bishop- "Bishop? OHhhhhhhh, Bishop's Boobs."
Then he started patting his own stomach. "See Mommy? Bishop's Boobs!! Bishop Boobs!"

Oh lord. Where did I go wrong. We always put things into perspective of who is going to have to explain to his Sunday school teacher why he is saying what he is saying. This one is definitely on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment